Sabah Cheshire Home

Sabah Cheshire Home

About Us

Sabah Cheshire Home and Services, a member of the Malaysian Council of Cheshire Homes and Services (member of the Leonard Cheshire Disability Global Alliance) is a disability resource centre that offers a plethora of programs to help inpiduals with disabilities succeeds. As a registered, Non Government Organisation, we provide residential care and training to promote independence for inpiduals with disabilities irrespective of race, religion, and culture. Our vision is to strive to create an enabling environment for people with disabilities to exercise their rights to lead a life as normal as possible within their capabilities in the Home and within Society.

What We Do

Sabah Cheshire Home and Services provides residential care to over fifty residents in two locations in the states of Sabah, in addition to Early Intervention Services to eight children at our Sandakan Home. Our residents receive loving and supportive care in a home-like environment while being provided with physical and occupational rehabilitation and vocational training opportunities.

In 2010, our Kota Kinabalu facility expanded to provide an economic empowerment program for young adults with disabilities to obtain pastry Level 1 and Level 2 Certification. In our second year of the program, nearly 30 students have already received the education and training needed for them to pursue employment in the public sector. In 2012, our Sandakan Home also began providing employment opportunities for inpiduals with disabilities with the opening of a second-hand shop, "The Treasure Shop."

In addition, we strongly believe in the importance of advocacy and campaigning efforts at local, state, and national level to promote the rights of inpiduals with disabilities. Through our Young Voices Program, an advocacy group for young adults 16-25 years of age, inpiduals participate in a variety of activities ranging from disability equality training and youth camps to the completion of access audits of public buildings to ensure physical accessibility for inpiduals using wheelchairs.

How You Can Help

In order to continue to provide a high quality of life for our residents and development of new programs and advocacy efforts that support the advancement of inpiduals with disabilities in the community, we rely on the generous donations and sponsorship of inpiduals just like YOU. From more than RM800, 000 expenses each year, only 35% - 40% is provided by government, with the remaining 60% coming solely from donations.

We assure you that your donations will be put to excellent use not only to provide for the daily needs of our residents and the upkeep of our Home, but also for a variety of new projects. Currently several of our major fundraiser projects include the need for a new van at our Kota Kinabalu facility that will cost more than RM 130,000 and construction of a new building to house a café and handicraft center that will provide employment and investment opportunities for 50 inpiduals with disabilities. Help be a part of these exciting new ventures in working with inpiduals with disabilities!

Location and Mailing Address
Kota Kinabalu Home
Jalan Vocational
KM 5, Off Jalan Tuaran, Likas,
88100 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Tel: 088-438202
Fax: 088-434570

Sandakan Home
Kompleks Wargatua Sri Harapan
Batu 5, Jalan Sibuga
W. D. T. 780, 90000 Sandakan, Sabah
Tel: 089-631716
Fax: 089-631713

For more information, please visit our website:

Change Their World. Change Yours. This changes everything.