In March, our dedicated PeopleGiving and volunteer team is making a 3 1/2 hour drive into the Orang Asli Kampung of Sungai Ruai Ulu to build a furnished library for the community. Do support us by donating to our campaign, every little bit counts!
About the Library of Hope Project
- Library of Hope is a program by PeopleGiving since 2013 to bring joy and nurture the education and literacy of underprivileged children in Malaysia, empowering them to break the cycle of poverty.
- Library of Hope also aims to create and environment for children to learn and play in a conducive environment.
- Since September 2013, PeopleGiving had organized 11 Library of HOPE for deserving communities in Malaysia.
- The main target beneficiary for the Library of HOPE in 2020 remains to be the Orang Asli Communities.
- 7 out of 10 Orang Asli lives under the poverty line
- Further 3 out of 10 are hardcore poor
Previous Library of Hope Beneficiaries
|LOH #1 : OA Village in Bidor, Perak Darul Ridzuan
||LOH #7 : OA Village in Kg Tidong, Sungkai, Perak
|LOH #2 : OA Village in Batu 12, Gombak
||LOH #8 : OA Village in Kg Bersih, Slim River, Perak
|LOH #3 : OA Village in Tanjung Malim
||LOH #9 : OA Village in SAT Village, Sungkai, Perak
|LOH #4 : School children in Dignity Foundation
||LOH #10: OA Village in Kampung Bertang, Pahang
|LOH #5 : OA Village in Tapah, Perak
||LOH #11: OA Village in Kg. Ruai Tengah, Pahang
|LOH #6 : OA Village in Kampung Paya Buloh, Temerloh, Pahang
||Up next in March 2020, LOH #12:OA Village in Kampung Sungai Ruai Ulu, Pahang
Library of Hope #12: How Can We Help?
This year marks the 7th year that the Library of Hope project is conducted. For our 12th Library of Hope, we are making a point to go deeper into the villages that are secluded and out of reach. Deep villages hamper children's ability to attend school due to lack of transportation, travelling distance and road condition.
It is our goal in this project to fully furnished a Library of Hope in the community hall which will provide the children a safe and conducive place to read books and catch up on their studies. The LOH plays an especially important role for students who are unable to attend public school (due to lack of transport or dropped out) an avenue to carry out independent learning.
We are also partnering with Persatuan Komuniti Kasih Selangor to provide the village with volunteer teachers every Saturday to tutor in English and Mathematics.
More information on LOH #12 Beneficiary: Kampung Orang Asli Sungai Ruai Ulu, Pahang
Location: Raub, Pahang (3 ½ hours drive from Kuala Lumpur)
Population: 153 villagers
Household: 31 families
Children: 90 children various ages
Attending public school: 22 children
Wishlist* for Library of Hope & Happy Playground:
- Story books and toys collected via Happy Library in a Box program
- Book shelves
- Desktop tables
- Television console
- CD player
- Foam mat flooring
- Bean bags
- Teaching aids
- School bags
- Grass carpet
- Monkey bar
*Subjected to changes
**Second hand/sponsored item
We are launching this Fundraising for Library of Hope #12 event to fulfil the wishlist above. Support the cause by signing up as a Fundraiser or donate to any active Campaign Pledges for Library of Hope #12. This project is made possible by your generous contributions and support, thank you!
For sponsorship/inquiry, contact us at email@example.com.