Santana is a Malaysian oldest biking group and it was formed by group of young Sikh boys to have fun rides back in 1979. This club is a non-profit organisation and with God blessings always seek to provide support to those needy ones.
5 COUNTRIES (MALAYSIA-THAILAND-MYANMAR-INDIA-PAKISTAN)
Santana brothers to ride from Malaysia through 4 continents. It is a charity ride to support and fundraise for National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM). Mission of this ride is to promote awareness to public on ‘giving’ and help to raise funds for NCSM. Final destination of this journey will be at Pakistan to celebrate Guru Nanak’s 550th birthday.
Read more about our cause as featured here:
1. The Star Online, 17 Sept 2019, "Bikers to ride to Pakistan in aid of cancer society" https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news/2019/09/17/bikers-to-ride-to-pakistan-in-aid-of-cancer-society
2. Malay Mail, 19 Sept 2019, "17 Malaysian Sikh bikers to ride 16,000km to Pakistan in aid of children with cancer" https://www.malaymail.com/news/life/2019/09/19/17-malaysian-sikh-bikers-to-ride-16000km-to-pakistan-in-aid-of-children-wit/1792036
3. Arab News, 21 Sept 2019, "Malaysian Sikh bikers ride to Pakistan for cancer awareness" https://www.arabnews.com/node/1557636/pakistan
4. Asia Samachar, 25 Sept 2019, "Malaysian minister Gobind Singh flags-off Sikh riders 5-nation cancer charity ride" https://asiasamachar.com/2019/09/25/27164/?fbclid=IwAR26dOtzZybD_PQHEtt1g9tzjfiys3g7XhwaPf0tW7YnTereuvH0649wKgI
5. The Sun Daily, 25 Sept 2019, "Group of 16 Sikh bikers on charity ride to raise funds for cancer society" https://www.thesundaily.my/local/group-of-16-sikh-bikers-on-charity-ride-to-raise-funds-for-cancer-society-DF1403207
6. Bernama News Channel, 26 Sept 2019, "Ekspedisi menunggang motosikal amal" https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=385133298823499
Dear donors and supporters of "5 Takhts Ride To India For Cancer Charity Ride - 2019",
Thank YOU for supporting our cause with your generous donations. You provide hope and joy every day to the chilhood cancer patients at NCSM through your gifts. We'd like to extend special thanks to our major donors as below:
1. YBhg Datuk Seri Daljit Singh Dhaliwal, donated RM1,000 on 25th Sept 2019
2. YBhg Dato' Jasvir Singh, donated RM1,000 on 24th Sept 2019
3. Mr Lim Soon Huat, donated RM1,000 on 24th Sept 2019
4. Mr Baldape Santana, donated RM1,000 on 24th Sept 2019